Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Hi Everyone! This is little update post during the COVID-19 downtime.



Hey folks!

I wanted to let you know I am still looking at some ways for you (the kids) can enrich yourselves in this interim period.  I bet your are getting bored.  This crisis has hammered home just how precious making music with people is to me.  Maybe one positive of having one's life brought to a crawl is that you learn what is really important to you. For me helping people is important, learning is important, and MUSIC IS IMPORTANT.

I hope everyone was able to get their instrument from the building.  Special thanks to Laura Allegoet for helping make that happen on Monday! If you didn't, I am not sure when the next opportunity will be.  Please email me and I will see what I can do.

This week I am putting together a "music stimulus package" with links to all kinds of cool stuff from theory lessons to online sheet music.  look for that in the next couple of days.

Parents, I urge you to realize the importance of some kind of normalcy to your child. This unfortunately might mean letting them practice in the house for a bit during the day even though everyone is home.  😉

Finally, you are all very important to me.  Please take care of yourselves and follow the Governor's orders.  I have faith in humanity, and I think we will come out of this stronger and wiser.  Don't watch too much of the news, be good to each other!

-Smigell