These next two weeks are going to be ACTION PACKED!
(and then it calms down significantly) Here is a rundown of whats going on over the next two weeks
PLEASE AT LEAST BROWSE ALL OF THIS AND FIND WHAT PERTAINS TO YOU :D
FOOTBALL GAME AND TAILGATE:
First of all, We are hosting the 8th graders this week. We need people to really pony up the goods for tailgate this time (Even I will :). Check the entry below this one for details on donations and volunteering!
HHS BAND MEMBERS AND EIGHTH GRADER MUSICIANS NEED TO REPORT TO THE BAND ROOM AT 4:30 PM THIS FRIDAY 10/10/2014
4:30-5:30 Run throughs on the HHS stadium Field
6:00 Begin uniforms
6:30 Stepoff for stadium
6:45 PREGAME WITH 8TH GRADERS (PARENTS OF 8TH GRADERS THIS IS THEIR MOMENT ON THE FIELD)
9:30 Game is done
DON'T FORGET THAT NEXT WEEK IS SENIOR NIGHT (OUR FINAL HOMEGAME)
UPCOMING CONCERT! TUESDAY 10/14/2014
Everyone except for color guard and twirlers are involved in this one (Concert band, Symphonic Band, Wind ensemble, Percussion ensemble, and Musicians of Marching Band)
DRESS CODE: "Dress nicely" The means NO TSHIRTS, SWEATSHIRTS, JEANS, OR TENNIS SHOES. Obviously this also means that all clothing needs to be school appropriate as well. Gentlemen, a nice shirt and tie with slacks or khakis takes care of it all. Ladies, a nice blouse or sweater with a skirt or slacks puts you in the clear. You will be changing into your uniform during the concert after you perform if you are in the marching band, so bring your black shoes and socks.
REPORT TIME FOR ALL IS 6:30
CONCERT BEGINS AT 7:00
Even with the marching band performing, we should be done by 8:30-ish. 9:00 at the absolute latest.
With the exception of Drumline and Pit, if your child auditioned for Hockey Band, they made it!
The game is at 7:35 PM
1. The game is at Yost Ice Arena in Ann Arbor MI.
Your Child MUST attend 3 of the 4 following rehearsals:
Oct 8 3:30 pm After marching band
Oct. 13 5:pm Before evening rehearsal
Oct 15 During 2nd Hour
Oct 16 3:30 pm after marching band
2. We are being driven by bus to Ann Arbor, with a few of the children being driven by chaperone. If you are adamant about your child not being driven by a chaperone (we do screen them), please let me know so i can make sure they ride the bus.
5. Report time is this Saturday, oct 18th. at 4:30 PM. Bus will depart at 5:00 pm.
6. The game is at 7PM. Tickets are available through through the University of Michigan Ticket Office (google-able) if you would like to come watch!
7. Your child will receive a box lunch, a t-shirt, and a ride to the game. Such a deal!
8. Return time is anywhere from 10:30-11:30 so make sure to be checking for those texts around that time :)
Ok Some of this info is subject to change, but mostly it is pretty solid. Any questions, email me at Smigellj@howellschools.com