First Band Concert - Wed, Oct. 18th @7pm:
Wednesday, October 18th at 7pm in the HHS / Rod Bushey Auditorium. The concert will show all the concert ensembles, including the marching band.
Dress Code: "Dress nicely". This means NO TSHIRTS, SWEATSHIRTS/PANTS, JEANS, OR TENNIS SHOES. Obviously this also means that all clothing needs to be school appropriate as well. Gentlemen - a nice shirt and tie with slacks or khakis will do. Ladies - a nice blouse or sweater with a skirt or slacks put you in the clear. You will be changing into your uniform during the concert after you perform if you are in marching band, so bring your marching uniform (the season's black, fitness / pj shorts, all black socks and all black shoes).
Report Time For All: 6:30pm - Show up already in your nice outfit. :)
Prior to our annual Fall Band Concert, the Boosters organize a BASKET RAFFLE FUNDRAISER.
We’re requesting members to kindly donate baskets/items for this raffle, volunteer your time and talents or purchase raffle tickets the night of the concert.
If you are donating a basket, please bring your baskets/items to the band room by the end of school on October 18th.
Volunteers are needed to help ensure a successful fundraiser. Please contact Lisa Grager (info below) if you can help set up / sell raffle tickets!
Mr. Smigell will raffle off the baskets in-between performances. Lots of neat baskets!
Chairperson: Lisa Grager
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or text her at 517 672-2552.
Band Program - Boston Trip Forms / Update:
Students Spots Open: 45 (90 / 135)
Chaperones Spots Open: 0 (15 / 15 - w/ 3 on waitlist)
This is how things are being handled for Boston this year:
- Payments are being made directly to the trip company.
- Students can start signing up online today - limit of 135 spots for students.
- Students also need to fill out the Student Information Form and Health Info form which gets mailed to the P.O. Box or turned in to the band room mail box. Charms monies can only be used for 3rd and/or 4th payments.
- Online registration for chaperones opens on November 1st with the trip company.
- Limit of 15 Chaperones on this trip due to the number of buses.
- Chaperones must have their Central Registry Clearance done with the State of Michigan AND the high school paperwork done before they can get on the "eligible" list. Adults names will be put on a list in the order we received their paperwork.
- If you went to band camp - the CRC and HS paperwork is already in the districts system for the school year (one of the advantages of going to band camp).
- If someone signs up online as a chaperone before November 1st or before we have their paperwork, they will be removed from the trip until after we receive their paperwork. Chaperones also need to fill out the General information sheet and health info form.
Chaperone Forms and Information Packet:
Concert Shirt Fittings:
This refers to any 9th grade, new student to the program or any student needing a new shirt.
Mr. Bourbonias from the Brighton Tux Shop is coming in Friday, October 20th during 7th hr to do white formal shirt fittings.
The shirts / ties will come in mid-November.
Prices are (about*):
White Formal Shirt - $16
Black Tie -$4
Combo - $20 (Shirt + Tie)
* - These have been the prices the last few years. We are working on the official prices still but wanted to give a heads up to how much they have traditionally cost.
You pay by cash or check made to Howell HS Bands - and you can pay when the shirts / ties are delivered - up until the day of the concert.
Band Program Calendar:
This School Year's Band Program Calendar is available here:
~ Nicole "Jade" Prewett