Friday, March 13, 2020

BAND CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 3/13/2020



HI EVERYONE!


I know that all these updates can be confusing, but I want to make sure you are all as informed as possible.  Here is the latest Howell Band news as it relates to the district, your children, and this crisis:


-Please make sure to read the latest update from the district (I'm not putting a link since it changes every few hours)

-All in-person practices for any Instrumental Music activities at Howell are cancelled until we get the "all clear" from the district.

-The school and the band room will be open today (3/13/2020) until 3pm.  Mr Schrock has also told me that he will be here on MONDAY (3/16/2020) 8-noon in case you were unable to come get your instrument. (No longer true)

-Everyone can get their instrument, including drumline, tubas, and school owned "borrowers".  If you are picking up an instrument for a friend, please make sure they know you are doing so.

-If you are a percussionist and want to borrow an instrument, call me first (Get my number from another parent or kid, about 60% of the band populace has it).  Call me twice so I know you're not a robocall)

-Make sure to check the blog every couple days.  I have some exciting ideas about distance learning that wil help you keep "the coronavirus blues" away! expect that update some time next week.

Ok that's about it.  ANY OR ALL OF THIS MAY CHANGE.  I urge you to be careful, be smart, and come back safe. Love you guys.

Mr. Smigell