Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hey All!

First of all READ THE POST BELOW THIS ONE!!! I cannot thank the parents that have helped me enough!! Holy cow would I be lost without you (those parents listed below plus many more, but especially those listed below).

Thanks to ALL OF THE KIDS FOR A GREAT SHOW ON FRIDAY!!! I know a little of it was stressful, but you really came through! The team is going to win some, and lose some. Don't let that affect the way you feel about your performance! SUPER DOOPER! Still lots of dings, but coming along nicely. We hopefully will have some film to look at and we can address things sometime on Monday.

Speaking of Monday, That is the rehearsal with our future Bandos, the EIGHTH GRADERS!!! Hooray! The practice goes from 5:30PM-8PM monday 9/17/07. The eighth graders will be practicing with us until 7:30. We will do a little bit on our own after they are done. It will begin in the Parker Band ROOM at 5:30 SHARP/

Rehearsals tues, wed, and thurs next week are normal (3pm-4pm, at the bus lot "stealth" field).

This is also the week of HOMECOMING. Much more info will be coming very soon, but basically FRIDAY IS THE LONGEST DAY OF THE YEAR FOR MARCHING BAND PEOPLE. They have the pep assembly, the parade, and the game, with almost no breaks in between. They will not have any time to go home in between, so they must have everything with them. It is fun, but exhausting. Again, more info about uniforms, stepoff times, and everything else by tuesday at the latest, but keep in mind FRIDAY IS TOTALLY OCCUPIED BY HOMECOMING (Don't worry, it's cool, I just want to get the point across).

In the day classes, we are still doing auditions for placements. I hope to be done either tomorrow or Tuesday. Percussion class is busy performing their first playing tests of the year and researching pieces for our upcoming "video game" concert.


Seniors who want a rec letter for college, get in touch with me soon (at least to let me know when you need it). I write a decent rec letter, but if they all come at once, it gets tough

Seniors who want to major in music WE NEED TO TALK SOON about your auditions and which schools you want to send applications. I would really like to help you on this. Please let me know.

NEW YORK TRIP INFORMATION AND A FULL YEAR CALENDAR WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!

Props go out to my staff, Michelle, Elise, and Quade!

Julie and Bert... What else can I say about how wonderful you two are?

Sue, constant medstaff! Thanks!

Louis... Sweet website!

My Bosses Mr. Smith, Mrs. Anderson, Mr. Sharp, Mr. Borders, and Mr. Shrock I know you are doing the best you can! Keep it up!


Last but CERTAINLY not least (In no particular order): Thanks to Joe, Mike, Kat, Matt, Gary, Jess, Jack, Tim, Will, Michelle, Kim, Laura, Kevin,Lauren, Jeremy, Ben, Britanny and anyone else I have forgotten (I know I have forgotten somebody... no biggy let me know and I will edit you into the post) THE MINION CORPS!!!! Making every day great and better than expected.

Oh yes, finally, I have a really crazy idea that would be life changing if we could pull it off. Goto this address:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=132227881&blogID=310603189

it is my myspace blog. It is about my idea for a human-powered concert tour.

ok... I think that is it.

Until very soon,

-Smigell