Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hello Everybody,

As always.. READ THE POST BELOW THIS ONE!!! It explains a lot about the uniform situation, and provides a nice game recap. I was particularly proud of the kids for WORKING THIER BEHINDS OFF on Friday. Even when they were thrown a few curve balls, they adapted nicely. GREAT JOB!

Couple pieces of news.....


#1. I will not be in regular school tomorrow (Monday, sept. 23, 2007), but I WILL BE THERE FOR THE EVENING MARCHING BAND REHEARSAL... which brings us to the second big piece of news:

#2. We are going to adding a half hour to every one of our rehearsals until we are done with festival (Oct. 9). Here are the reasons:

a. We have a great show but by my count we have lost a week and a day of regular rehearsals due to the new building growing pains.

b. We have an exceptional group of kids and we want them to do well at festival

c. We only 9 rehearsals left (just about 2 weeks) and the big event in our season is done. I know it is a bit of an inconvenience, but I am hoping that people will understand and will appreciate the results in the end.

so, that means that the practice schedule looks like this for the next two weeks

Monday 5:30-8:30pm at the Parker football field.
Tuesday-Thursday 3-4:30pm at the stealth field.

Kids (and parents), if you have conflicts with either your job or school, please let me know. Otherwise, I expect to see everyone there during the new times. I understand that some of you will have to leave early because of some things that you cannot get out of this week, but please make an effort first, and let me know if you are leaving early.

ok... I think that is it for now... more information soon!

-Smigell