Sunday, September 17, 2006

Outcome of car wash totaled over $650.00 to be distributed between the 26 students who participated and the band booster's general fund. We had great weather, donated food and beverage by the owner of Cruz N Express, John Hummel, who drove in from Laingsburg to oversee the car wash. He monitored the oil changes and gave me a check totaling $120.00, which was 10% of the oil changes or services that day alone!(this is included in total). All in all, the kids were given their positions , worked great together and handled themselves very well, even in their playful moments! We had board members to Harleys(which I had my picture taken on), DTE and Comcast employees. Yeh, even Mr. Smigell, who was basking in the glow of the Howell win over Novi the night before. All these kids were at the game the night before and showed up at their designated time. Thanks to all who participated and made overseeing you quite fun as usual. I have plenty of towels, two laundry baskets and even a picnic basket from the last tailgate(call me and I will coordinate you obtaining). I am finishing the laundering of these and will bring and place near the back wall of the band room by the drinking fountain this week for those who would like them returned. I received so many, I couldn't tell you whose was whose so good luck. They were all used so thank you again! So remember if you continue to cater your oil changes to this facility, 10% will be given back to the band boosters! Look for oil change cards from this store soon to be available for purchase too! Hey, did I mention the Glynn's famous stromboli! Thanks Pam!!it was Yummy!

Julie Dennis
517.303.4850 business cell/please leave a message