Monday, June 04, 2012

I just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all of the band parents that I've become friends with over the last four years.  We've stayed up all night at lock ins, measured kids for uniforms and then hung them up after games when they are sweaty and smelly, dished out food to hungry band kids, sat in downpours in the stands for football games, wacthed with pride as they mastered new music and drills, watched our kids become young adults that we are sooooo proud of.  I've had a great time as part of the boosters organization and will miss ALL of you, especially the kids I've gotten to know.  We will always have a place for you at our bonfires =)


Thank you also to Jason Smigell who let me be part of this special group and became a mentor to Katie.  You make the band program a special place for the kids and I will always be grateful to you.


Have a great summer everyone, see you Friday nights in the fall !!