Saturday, September 11, 2021

Hey last night was great! (And a thank you too)

 


Hello Bandos and Parents!

Just wanted to do a little post letting you know how grateful I am for our lovely little tribe called band :).  Bandos you've managed to move mountains so far this year.  I can't recall the last time we have had to rock three consecutive home games before Sept 11.  So very proud of you all!  Parents, I continue to be humbled by the amount of time and energy you all continuously pour into the program to keep it running well.  Special shout out to Jeff Stimson, Maureen Gray, and all the eighth grade bandos who came out and joined us last night on the field.  Our future is in good hands!

One last thing.. Amy Vyse, a long time band parent, won the 50/50 raffle last night and gave half the winnings to the band! Oh my goodness how generous!  I was speechless.  Thank you so much for such a kind and unexpected gift.  

As we continue to push through this, it is acts of kindness, selflessness, discipline and dedication that will see us through in the end.  Our band family obviously has plenty of all these things.  I am honored to be your band director.


-Smigell