Friday, May 25, 2018



Hello Everyone!


I know it has been covered elsewhere, but PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BRING YOUR BLACK STARWARS SHIRT, YOUR BLACK SHOES AND SOCKS, AND KHAKI SHORTS to the parade (report time 8:30 am at the HS).  The forecast is getting hotter and hotter, and I want the option to use our "hot weather" uniform if it becomes apparent that the situation would be unsafe.  I apologize if this seems like we are being lax. I assure you it is not.  It is strictly the children's health I have in mind. 

One more thing, a couple people have asked questions about whether or not the parade and the picnic are mandatory.  It is technically an optional parade, and most certainly an optional picnic.   I understand that sometimes people have events that they cannot reschedule or avoid.  All I ask is that they let me know in advance so I know that my instrumentation is good for the performance.

I also think that this parade is a good civics lesson for the kids.  It really helps drive home the purpose of this holiday, which is to honor the fallen remember their ultimate service to our great country. 

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy lives to celebrate and memorialize these great men and women. 


-Smigell