Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hello everyone,

We just got done with the concert.  It was wonderful and everyone played well. I will be writing more about tonight and the weeks ahead very shortly.  However, I unfortunately made two huge mistakes when I failed to announce three very important people tonight and I wanted to try and rectify it as soon as possible.


#1. Justin Kinnick- Justin is a senior Trombonist in my Symphonic band.  He has been a hardworking, funny, intelligent, wonderful part of my program for four years.  Just I remember when you wanted to quit as a sohpomore,   I said we could fix your articulation problem and that it would be worth it to stay.  I definitely am glad you stayed.   I hope it was for good for you too! I am so sorry Justin. 

#2. Paul Buckner. Paul is a sophomore horn player in my Symohonic band.  Every concert Paul helps set up and take down the stage.  He works very hard along with the rest of the equipment crew.  Paul thank you so much for all your hard work and I hope you continue to do so in the future

#3. Nick Monak  "Moose" Monak is a new addition to the equipment staff this year, a sophomore tuba in my Symphonic band.  Sorry Moose!  We will remember you next time.  Keep up the good work.

Ok..  very very sorry.  If there are other errors that were made on the program I would be happy to reprint a new one for you so you can use it for your scrapbook.  On a brighter note... the concert went VERY WELL!  The kids played wonderfully and I was really touched by the senior gift.  The made it both personal and for the program.   So thoughtful.  Just a grweat bunch of kids.  All of my kids are great.  I adore them all and I love working with them.

Oh and sorry for the awkward "parents thank you for spawning such nice children" line.  I say strange things sometimes.  Hopefully you know by now what i was trying to say.  You folks are great and couldnt do it without you!

Ok... thats it for now!


-Smigell