Wednesday, September 03, 2008

HELLO EVERYONE!!! NEWS FLASH! PLEASE READ!!!


Ok... first of all, after a lot thinking, I actually think this practice schedule will make more sense:

Marching Band:

Home Game Weeks:
Monday-Friday 2:30-3:30pm

Away Game Weeks:
Monday-Thursday 2:30-3:30pm

In the past we have had a monday evening rehearsal. There are a lot of people every year that have conflicts with evening rehearsals. This band is rehearsing very well. If we need to tack on time in a few places, we can, but we already have the field reserved on these days right after school AS A CLASS (that is as official as it gets), and everyone is accustomed to it, why not simplify? There will need to be one or two extra rehearsal tacked on later in the season in order to rehearse with the eighth graders, but that will be announced very soon...



SECONDLY:: I know this is short notice, but I am going to have a big moving/organizing work evening tomorrow (Thursday, Sept 4, 2008) from 3:30pm-6:30 PM. I am trying to make this year different, and I am realizing that I can't be organized with schedules, paperwork, lessonplans, and new projects until our "house" is completely in order. I have a good 5-6 carloads of equipment and music in the loft of my garage, and the Garretts (alum Michelle Garrett's folks, she is now at IU. Go Hoosiers!) have a bunch of stuff in their garage. The band library is still only half unpacked and unfiled forms and papers are already starting to pile up. PLus, the bulletin boards are bare and drab. If any of this sounds like fun (ha ha), I could use some help, both student and adult. RSVP at jsmigell@mac.com or smigellj@howellschools.com.


ok... the calendar is almost approved, and things are really going to begin to cook! Stay tuned!