Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year Blog!!!


Hey everyone, It's been a long time, so tell everyone who craves the blog to check it!!!


Let's get the business out of the way first!!

Schedule for the next few days....


Monday:

-Start of new technical exercises for all bands! Perc ensemble will have a new test piece for thier final exam.

-Bands will warm up with the tech exercises, a touch of chorales perhaps, then there will be time to practice audition pieces for the rest of the hour. Wind ensemble will have a bit of sightreading today instead, then have a practice day on tuesday.

perc ensemble will have the new test piece distributed to them on monday for the final exam. The planning will also begin for the green man group action

THERE WILL BE NO JAZZ BAND ON MONDAY!!!


Tuesday:

Freshman and Symphonic band: Auditions begin!
W.E. Practice day for auds
Perc: Major planning session for green man group


Wednesday:

Auds All bands
Perc begin testing for volunteers.

A couple of my new year's resolutions for the band program:

-I will practice at least 3 hours a week on my instrument or on score study
-I will have better and more worthwhile technical exercises for my groups to help prepare them for festival
-I willl do 2 hours of paper work a week whether I need to or not
-I will post on the blog twice a week whether I need to or not

Coming up in the next blog: Mitch Ryder and Spyder Turner!!! WOWWWWWOOWOWOWWOWWOW... WOW!!!

No comments: